What Is Skill Invest?
Skill invest is an online education review and recommendation platform for aspiring information technology professionals. There are so many IT education options out there and not enough help selecting one – our goal is to minimize the noise in chasing your dream job. There is something for everyone from complete beginners to professional developers. We specialize in guiding people through an affordable education, to certification/degree, and eventually, job acquisition.
This website will have direct links to established e-learning resources, reviews, tutorials, and useful education tools so please click around and explore. For now, let’s break down the website to better understand how to make the most out of the research included:
- Here, on our Home Page will introduce you to a number of great places to begin your studies. Whether you’re looking for an intro level course, budget friendly refresher
- The Platforms Page is going to give you a deeper dive into the learning platforms and review them based on their accreditation / connection to universities, how novice / advanced their material is, how hands-on the learning is, etc.
- Check out our Stories Page for posts regarding various industry related topics or recommendations on how to study along with advice and guest appearances from industry professionals.
- Check out our Blog Page for a bunch of great info to help you get started with skill acquisition or career change.
- The Contact Page is our favorite. Drop by and leave a message. Ask a question about your learning desires, how to get from A -> B, you can request a blog post about something you want to learn, or, if you want to make a change but have no idea where to start, let us know.
So, by one way or another, you’ve ended up here because you want to learn or expand upon a valuable and in-demand skill. So let’s ask another question.
Where Do I begin? Is an E-Learning Platform for me …?
When you’re looking to make a big change, it can be overwhelming paralyzing even. Skill-Invest has done to legwork to simplify the e-learning research experience for you. Hopefully we can point you toward the perfect education
Below are the some of the top e-learning platforms for you to get into development / coding and computer sciences so that you can make the change in your career that you’ve been putting off. Check out our Platforms Page for a detailed summary of recommended education platforms.
Or would I be better suited with a coding camp…?
It all depends on what you want to do.
What I would recommend…
Just start somewhere… anywhere. Especially if you have never coded before. Check out THIS QUICK VIDEO or THIS BLOG POST to help you figure out what you want to do and how to get there.
Personally I started at Data Quest to learn some Python and data science. It seemed like a good spot to start. Much like Data Camp and Code Academy, there is a well established learning plan in place and some reasonably good student assistance measures. However, this was a good match for me because I love data and wanted to become a data scientist. But maybe you want to develop apps or video games. There’s a class for that.
My name’s Soren. Six years ago I put away the drawing board and just started learning. I was so caught up for so long making my master plan that I never started. My impulsive, dive into leaning, methodology was the best way I could have done it. With a soft learning outline and objective. All I knew is I wanted in-demand skills that were industry transferable. Here at Skill-Invest, I’ve put together opinions on the best resources so that you can too.